DOCSIS® 3.1 Outdoor Modem for 5G Backhaul
First Modem to Support DOCSIS Time Protocol
When it comes to mobile backhaul over DOCSIS, Hitron leads the way. The ODIN1112 is the industry’s first DOCSIS modem to support the DOCSIS Time Protocol (DTP). The challenge with using DOCSIS as a backhaul is how to provide the precision synchronization and timing needed for 5G and LTE, without putting an expensive GPS receiver in each microcell. DOCSIS Time Protocol (DTP) solves this challenge by enabling the passing of networking timing over DOCSIS 3.1 networks to provide precise frequency to devices connected to a DOCSIS modem.
Speeds up to 2.5 Gbps
As a DOCSIS 3.1 modem, the ODIN1112 provides the bandwidth needed for small cell deployments. This high-performance modem delivers speeds up to 2.5 Gbps with two bonded downstream channels over its DOCSIS interface. And a software switchable return path lets you seamlessly switch between a 5-42 and 5-85 MHz.
Ruggedized Outdoor Hardened
The ODIN1112 is a fully temperature hardened cable modem and environmentally sealed to work in the harshest outdoor environments.
Power over Ethernet (PoE)
Up to 180 Watts is available to power external devices over PoE, such as small cell gateways or surveillance cameras, simplifying your deployments.
Easy to Set up and Manage
Installation is quick and easy. It is inline power feeding. Just ﬁnd a tap on the cable run; connect, and the built-in provisioning mechanism automatically gets the IP address and conﬁguration data from the network server without human intervention. The ODIN1112 uses standard SNMP management protocols and can be quickly and easily integrated with your existing network management system to provide remote control over the device deployed.
- DOCSIS 3.1/3.0/2.0/1.1 with EuroDOCSIS compliant
- DOCSIS 3.1 2×2 OFDM
- DOCSIS/EuroDOCSIS 3.0 32×8 channel bonding
- Switchable 5-85/5-204 MHz
- DTP (DOCSIS Time Protocol) for small cell deployments and wireless backhaul over DOCSIS
- PTP (Precision Time Protocol)
- Supports 1588v2 and SyncE
- High bandwidth, environmental hardened cable modem
- PoE provides power, along with data, over CAT-6 cabling to connected devices
- Extensive operator control via conﬁguration ﬁle and SNMP
- Full Dual Stack IPv4/IPv6 Support